From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program runs slow after PC and LabView upgrade

Hi, all,

I have a program simply measuring the current and votage developed under LabView 5.1 long time ago. And now we finally decided to upgrade th PC and LabView. So, I converted the program to LabView 2015 compatible version and it became very slow.

Before it took only 19s to finish the measurement but now 96s.

All the PCI-GBIP driver and LabView environment is up to date. We use Winodws 10 and Labview 2015. We also tried Windows 7 and Labview 8.2.1 but still very slow.

I install the old hard drive to the PC and boot the PC from the old HD to Windows XP with Labview 5.1. This time, the program was fine.

Anyone knows how to solve the problem?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,147 Views)

Did you try to check where exactly you are loosing time in your 2015 code? You may find some useful information here regarding the compatibility.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,066 Views)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Would you please let me know how to track the time each moduel use to execute? Thanks again for your help. I have never done this before.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,986 Views)

Can you post your code?  It seems inconceivable to me that LabVIEW 5.1 on Windows XP can outrun LabVIEW 2014 on Windows 7.  The first thing I would check is the rate of data acquisition -- I don't have that much experience with GPIB, but if there is a Driver issue and you are acquiring data from your hardware 10 times slower, that will (of course) affect your speed.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,958 Views)