LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program reviews for bugs

I am developing a program using LV8 & NI Switch Executive which is bit complicated.
When I finish it, I want some one to review it for any bugs in the program because some one else will use the program in the end.
Does NI provides support of this kind?
Or do we have to find a third party provides this kind of support.

Regards

Naushad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,462 Views)
As a first step, I would recommend to get the LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit, It can find many coding problems. 🙂
Message 2 of 5
(2,450 Views)
Thanks, that may help me up to certain extent.
I am still at the early phase of the developing I cannot tell what kind of problem the program will have,
but I would like to have all the options wide open for the review.
So I would like to know what kind of support NI can provide in S/W review for bugs apart form this toolkit.
I would not mind whether they are done at some amount of expense.

regards.

Naushica

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,427 Views)
As far as I know, NI does not, and never has, provided this kind of service. You can get a list of NI Alliance members or post on the job offerings forum. It would also be a good idea to find a few of the intended end users and enlist them as beta testers. Using an application by real users in a real world situation is the best way to find bugs.
Message 4 of 5
(2,416 Views)

You are quite correct Dennis, NI does not validate code that has been generated by a customer.  I would suggest a number of ways that you could go about verifying how effective your application has been created, there are some excellent publications available from Amazon (such as LabVIEW: Advanced Programming Techniques) another alterative is to contact a UK Alliance Company with a LabVIEW Certified Architect on staff (ni.com/alliance , search under the alliance directory) .  These engineers have been accredited by NI having reached a high level of LV programming and architecture skills.  If you wish to sharpen up your development skills you may consider attending a LV intermediate class with a further step to take the LV Advanced Architecture class.

Hope these suggestions help in someway.

Kind regards

Joe W

NI UK - Engineering Manager

*** It only takes seconds to rate this post ***

Message 5 of 5
(2,391 Views)