LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program locks up after 25 Events

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running into an issue where my program locks up after 25 events have been registered from a cluster. I have created a cluster 32 of boolean controls and when a control is pressed it triggers an event in my event structure. It doesn't matter which of the 32 controls I click, after exactly 25 button presses the program locks up. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,741 Views)

Please post a copy of your code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,731 Views)

If you uploaded code that would be supremely helpful. But it sounds like you have your 32 controls all wired into a cluster, then an event structure that does something to that cluster whenever any of the buttons are pressed?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,718 Views)

I am unable to post the code due to company restrictions, but I will try to be as specific as possible.

This code is part of a queued state machine design.

When the control is pressed it triggers a user event structure that queues a state in another loop. This loop will then take the appropriate action based on which button was pressed. After 25 button presses the program locks up. I know it is hard to troubleshoot code that you can't see, but since I am not allowed to post it any general tips will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,716 Views)

Yes, we clearly need some code (possibly simplified), because your description is not clear.

• Do you have seperate event cases for each boolean or do you have a single event for the cluster?
  • What is the mechanical action of the booleans?
  • What kind of events are these (value changed, mouse down, mouse up, etc.)
  • Do the 25 events actually execute or are they just getting queued up?
  • Is the event structure always ready to react to events?
  • What is your LabVIEW version?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,711 Views)
  • Do you have seperate event cases for each boolean or do you have a single event for the cluster? Single event for the cluster
  • What is the mechanical action of the booleans? Switch when released
  • What kind of events are these (value changed, mouse down, mouse up, etc.) Value change
  • Do the 25 events actually execute or are they just getting queued up? Yes, they do execute
  • Is the event structure always ready to react to events? Yes, It is running in a seperate while loop independent from the rest of the program. 
  • What is your LabVIEW version? 13.0.1f2
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,706 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ResurgenceX

It would really help if you could make a simplified demo.

In the event configuration box, is there anything interesting (lock front panel, limit maximum instances, etc.)

Do you set a maximum queue size?

Message 7 of 8
(2,695 Views)

My queue size was the problem. I was not correctly clearing the queue after a button press and kept increasing the queue size. Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,667 Views)