From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program locks up after 25 Events

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running into an issue where my program locks up after 25 events have been registered from a cluster. I have created a cluster 32 of boolean controls and when a control is pressed it triggers an event in my event structure. It doesn't matter which of the 32 controls I click, after exactly 25 button presses the program locks up. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,738 Views)

Please post a copy of your code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,728 Views)

If you uploaded code that would be supremely helpful. But it sounds like you have your 32 controls all wired into a cluster, then an event structure that does something to that cluster whenever any of the buttons are pressed?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,715 Views)

I am unable to post the code due to company restrictions, but I will try to be as specific as possible.

This code is part of a queued state machine design.

When the control is pressed it triggers a user event structure that queues a state in another loop. This loop will then take the appropriate action based on which button was pressed. After 25 button presses the program locks up. I know it is hard to troubleshoot code that you can't see, but since I am not allowed to post it any general tips will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,713 Views)

Yes, we clearly need some code (possibly simplified), because your description is not clear.

• Do you have seperate event cases for each boolean or do you have a single event for the cluster?
  • What is the mechanical action of the booleans?
  • What kind of events are these (value changed, mouse down, mouse up, etc.)
  • Do the 25 events actually execute or are they just getting queued up?
  • Is the event structure always ready to react to events?
  • What is your LabVIEW version?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,708 Views)
  • Do you have seperate event cases for each boolean or do you have a single event for the cluster? Single event for the cluster
  • What is the mechanical action of the booleans? Switch when released
  • What kind of events are these (value changed, mouse down, mouse up, etc.) Value change
  • Do the 25 events actually execute or are they just getting queued up? Yes, they do execute
  • Is the event structure always ready to react to events? Yes, It is running in a seperate while loop independent from the rest of the program. 
  • What is your LabVIEW version? 13.0.1f2
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,703 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ResurgenceX

It would really help if you could make a simplified demo.

In the event configuration box, is there anything interesting (lock front panel, limit maximum instances, etc.)

Do you set a maximum queue size?

Message 7 of 8
(2,692 Views)

My queue size was the problem. I was not correctly clearing the queue after a button press and kept increasing the queue size. Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,664 Views)