LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program Favor

Solved!
Go to solution

Will someone do me a huge favor and build a .exe for me using their app builder? I have the student edition and it let me build applications for a while, but the license expired and I was one version shy of the finished product! Smiley Sad

I'll attach the .vi and icon I was using.

Thanks if anyones feeling extra generous.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,058 Views)

You need to let people know that this VI requires special toolkits, namely "LabVIEW Interface to Arduino" which most people probably don't have.

Also, what version of LabVIEW you want it compiled under.  When I opened it, (broken because of the missing toolkit), it appears the VI was written in LV2012, so I'm assuming you want someone to create an .exe that uses the 2012 runtime engine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,016 Views)

As far as I know, the student edition expressly does not include the application builder so it might be unethical for someone to bypass the restrictions NI has placed on the use of the Student Edition. Of course, you can buy the full-price professional version of LabVIEW like the rest of us have to do.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,008 Views)

RavensFan,

I was unaware that the VI wouldn't open without LIFA, my apologies. As for the year, the software is 2012, so it will require a 2012 runtime engine.

on another note:

I realize that some of you may have purchased the full version where I only have the student version, but I was simply asking a favor, similar to borrowing a cup of sugar from one's neighbor in my mind. If it goes against your moral compass I apologize for making you read my thread.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(2,986 Views)
It would be against YOUR license agreement if what I said about the app builder is true so the analogy would be closer to cheating on an exam instead of borrowing a cup of sugar.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(2,982 Views)

@MattWarnock wrote:

RavensFan,

I was unaware that the VI wouldn't open without LIFA, my apologies. As for the year, the software is 2012, so it will require a 2012 runtime engine.

on another note:

I realize that some of you may have purchased the full version where I only have the student version, but I was simply asking a favor, similar to borrowing a cup of sugar from one's neighbor in my mind. If it goes against your moral compass I apologize for making you read my thread.

It's a legal compass, really.

But I do have a question for you.  Have you extended the trial period yet?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(2,981 Views)

Billko,

I haven't. Is there a way to extend the trial for the app builder only? I still have the current license for the Student software just not that feature.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(2,966 Views)

What you ar easking to do is essentially bypass the licensing system which as pointed out already is illegal.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,962 Views)
The license also expressly prohibits use of the student edition for commercial purposes and you imply that is what you want to do. You call it a 'product' and I see no other reason for creating an exe.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,956 Views)

The use of the student edition never requires building of standalone exectuables. You should be able to run all your VIs in the Student edition development system for your own educational use. The student edition is not meant to build programs for distribution. There should not be any need to build a standalone program at all.

In your case, the "finished product" is a set of VIs that you can give to anyone who has a valid LabVIEW license of any flavor (student, academic, professional ,etc.) and they will be able to run it just fine. You cannot sell them.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,950 Views)