cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professional Development System: Can't Build Application

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have the LabVIEW Professional Development System 2015 on my computer.   According to National Instruments, this version of LabVIEW already comes with the Application Builder.  However,  when I try to build a stand-alone application, I do not have access to the application builder. I referenced the tutorial here, and believe I am doing everything correctly:   http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3303/en/#toc1

Please see the attached screen shot and note how I do not have the "New>> Application" option, as the tutorial claims my Professional Development System *should* have. How do I access the Application Builder with my Professional Development System?  Do I need to activate it?  If so, how do I do this?

Thank you,

Jason 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,254 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RavensFan

Go to the NI License Manager under National Instruments in the Start Menu.

Make sure it is activiated there.  It should have happened automatically.  But if you had some odd order of installation, or maybe didn't have internet access when it first installed, it might have left the activation hanging.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,248 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

Thanks for helping me out.  Please see the attached image -- my Application Builder has an expired license.  But I thought the Professional Development System has this built-in...?  You will see that I have the Professional Development System installed and activated.

My company purchased the hard disks for LabView Professional Development System 2014.  They renewed the license/NI support for 2015, but then did NOT renew the license/NI Support for 2016 -- that part expired Sept. 2015. 

Do I have to revert to LabVIEW 2014 to have access to the Application Builder?

Thanks again,

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,234 Views)

***RESOLVED***

All i had to do was Activate the Application Builder through the National Instruments License manager using my same serial number for the Professional Development System.

I got tripped up thinking I need a *separate* serial number.

Thanks,

Jason

Message 4 of 4
(3,213 Views)