LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Producer/Consumer architecture: Optimize Queues

Hi

Thank you for your answers. Here is my VI.

http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=abc7a2ea20

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 35
(764 Views)

Hi

Here is my VI.

http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=abc7a2ea20

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 35
(765 Views)

Hi

Here is my VI.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 35
(816 Views)

Thank you for posting this.  I took a quick peek, and can give you the following First Impressions --

Wow!  You must have one of the world's Largest Monitors!  Your Front Panel (which, I presume, the Operator of your program needs to see without scrolling around) is way too big for my screen -- you need to learn about "making things fit on a screen", which can sometimes mean using Tab controls to show "the relevant subset" of controls and indicators.

Have you ever heard of sub-VI's?  You don't seem to have a single one in your Block Diagram, which is similarly so large that it is impossible (for me, anyway) to see the entire thing all at once, and to get some idea of the overall scope and design.  Things that don't need to be "visible" (like any initialization routine off to the left) can easily be "hidden" in a 32-by-32 pixel sub-VI called "Initialization" (I notice a number of other "orphan" initializations scattered around the edges of the main enclosing whatever-it-was, I'm thinking a frame).

Try to stay away from Frames.  There are (a very few) places where this is useful, but with proper use of the Error line, these can often be eliminated.

I'll take another look this evening ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 35
(798 Views)

Hi

Thank you for your answers. I know that my code is not so good written. Therefore I need help. I would like to learn how to optimize it. My first task was to make a working application. Now I feel ready to clean my code. I apologize for the mess but this is my way how to learn labview.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 35
(773 Views)