From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing .SPE files (from Princeton Instruments) with LabView

Thanks for the VI code. I download the PI iCCD Acquisition_APS.zip and the Simplified Data acq Folder 8.0.zip. However, I find the  PI iCCD Acquisition_APS.zip lack filter wheel.vi and load step.vi. Besides there is something wrong with opening the Simplified Data acq Folder 8.0.zip, which indicates that Generic file I/O error. The file 'simplified data acq svi.vi' could not be loaded. I tried labview 8.6,2009 and 2010,but neither woks up. So would you please help me solve the problems?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33
(2,358 Views)

a

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(2,192 Views)

I never figured out how to go from spe to txt, there is a company that previously worked for PI and they sparated and are now called R cubed consulting, they have the necesary i think its called SITK kit required to process spe to txt

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(2,189 Views)

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for sharing the program.I'm using Labview 2010 and WinView/Spec 2.5 and trying to communicate with the Princeton Instrument Pixis 2K Camera (512x1024) attached to a SP2500A spectrometer. However, when I run your program in my computer, it returns an errror in the 'simplified data acq svi.vi' sub program (please see the attached image for details).

It seems that something is wrong with the Library (...) and I didn't know how to fix it. Therefore, I would very appreciate if you could tell what I should do to fix this problem. 

Kind regards,

Thuy.

P/S: I'm a Labview newbie.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(2,036 Views)

ThuyVu,

Have you by any chance viewed this forum thread?:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-VC/SequenceFileViewMgr-quot-Library-not-registered-qu...

Also, I would recommend creating a thread to post your question in so that all the DevZone forum users will be able to view it and you will possibly get some more insight and help.

As for now, I am looking into this while I can, but I would recommend creating a new post.

dK
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33
(2,019 Views)

For anyone interested, this vi will parse .spe files into spectra (sorry, no images) with multiple ROI's

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33
(2,012 Views)

Hey Juanni,

the read .spe files vi you posted is just what I need, but it uses another .vi  "wavelength cal array from spe file.vi " that wasn't in your posting. 

Could you provide this please? It appears to be exactly what I need.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(1,988 Views)

Sorry about that.  This should be the file... you'll have to get it into the main vi yourself.  I remember that this drove me nuts for weeks.  I finally got one of the guys from PIActon on the phone (Andy?).  He figured out my problem.... I think it was a data type problem or something.  It took him about 30 minutes after I spent 2 months on this simple little thing.  J

Message 28 of 33
(1,983 Views)

Wowie wow wow....that's quick.....maybe it was Rob Allen at PI.  

Okay, here we go.....I'll plug it in and see what happens, by chance have you every tried it with data taken via Winspec's glue and step process?

FM

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(1,980 Views)

I have never used their step and glue function at all.  Sorry.  You will probably have to do a bunch of figuring and messing with it to make it do what you want.  Have you got the PI file header definition?  You were right... Rob Allen was the guy... he found my problem in 30 minutes.  J

Message 30 of 33
(1,975 Views)