From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process waveform to turn out of range values into NaN

Hello

I have a VI that is reading multiple thermocouples via DAQmx (Analog 1D Wfm NChan 1Samp).  I have code that detect the open thermocouple channels and flags them as such.

But I would also like to process the waveform data to recognize the values >1200°C and convert them to NaN so they are ignored by the Waveform Chart.  Is there an efficient way to do this?  I have tried it, but the data is wrong...  Processed Waveform chart not correct, string table not updating, values truncated to integer, etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Derek

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,447 Views)

Are you facing the problem when you update the NaN value to Table? If yes then you have stop converting the DBL data to integer and directly convert the values to string.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,439 Views)

Thanks...  But I don't see that issue...  Waveform to DBL Array to String Array.

- Derek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,432 Views)

Your issue is where you are recreating your waveform data.  You have an uninitialized shift register with a Build Array.  What that will do is save the data from previous runs of the FOR loop and just keep adding on.  I'm pretty sure that is not what you want.  Besides, it is a lot more efficient to use an autoindexing tunnel.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(2,421 Views)