From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Procedure Entry Point' error

I have a Matlab compiled code with the C++ wrapper. Before Labview can use it, it has to initialize the Matlab Runtime. So I have a VI called 'Matlab Init' to do this, but when I put the init VI into my code, it pops a 'Procedure Entry Point' error, as shown below. 

Matlab Init Error.jpg

This code contains nested structures and other complicated initialization. I mention this because when I put the 'Matlab init' VI in a simpler VI, shown below, it works fine.

Matlab Init No Error.jpg

I am totally lost here. What caused the error in the first case? Is it because of some conflicts between the Matlab init and some LabVIEW functions? Does that error tell where it goes wrong? Desperately needs help PLZ. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,233 Views)

Hello,

Are you using the Vision software in this application?  Do you have NI Vision installed on your computer?  If so it might be related to a known issue.

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,203 Views)

Yes, it does use NI vision in the application.

I am using LabVIEW 2012 and have NI Vision installed as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,183 Views)

The issue here is that MATLAB and our vision software both use a DLL called tbb.dll. Unfortunately our Vision software uses version 2.0 and MATLAB has migrated to newer versions. The problem comes from the DLL already being open in memory from our vision software and the MATLAB run time engine trying to use that same DLL which is unfortunately the wrong version. 

It looks like a couple of customers were able to get past it in this forum:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/tbb-dll-entrypoint-not-found/td-p/2269056

It appears that a possible solution would be to replace tbb.dll in the system folder with the tbb.dll that is installed with MATLAB. Although that would potentially break a lot of functionality of our Vision software. So, I would suggest keeping a back up incase you need to revert. 

MATLAB® is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,163 Views)

The link you gave does not really tell how to get past it. What other people suggested also solved one problem but created many others.

Is NI Vision going to be updated to the newer version anytime? If there is a newer version, why not upgrade?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,151 Views)

Its not as simple as just updating, which is why it can cause a lot of things to break when switching the DLL's. R&D has investigated a few different approaches, but none have turned out to be a suitable solution yet. They are still working on it. It has been filed as a corrective action report, # 24549 to be specific. You can check for the number in the Bug Fix list with the coming releases to see if its been resolved.   

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,146 Views)