LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with implementing LV shared vars for executable standalone applications

In order to implement shared variables, it appears that all networked computers must have LV compiler installed and running the code that will have the shared variables so that an association may be made thru explicit binding. The problem with this is that I want to build my applications on my development computers to use shared variables and then I want to make executables to distribute to locations that do not have LV compilers.  If shared variables are only good on a machine that is currently running he source code, then this whole shared variable idea seems very unusable.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,105 Views)
What you need to do is build an executable from your code using the Application Builder, then you'll be able to run it on machines that do not have LabVIEW installed. These machines will need to have the LabVIEW Runtime engine (needs to be the same version as your version of LabVIEW) and any needed driver packages (NI-DAQ, VISA, ect.) installed, but these are a free download.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,101 Views)