From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with LabVIEW 7.1 and lock-in amplifier Stanford SR530?

Does has anybody had problems with LabVIEW 7.1 and the instrument driver for the lock-in amplifier Stanford SR530?
With LabVIEW 6 there are no problems at all, but with LabVIEW 7.1 it is impossible to communicate with the instrument.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(5,223 Views)
Hi,

probably your problem is due to the version of driver NI-488.2.
Try to install the same version of NI-488.2 installed in the PC with Labview 6 and try to communicate with instruments again.
Double check that the driver is the right one for your hardware.

MarcoC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(5,215 Views)
Hellow,

the problem is in command format wich is not written correct in the Block Diagram. I had the same problem as you. Try to add "L" in the format string in the "0" Stacked Sequence Structure in the Block Diagram and finish the comand by "\n"
For example, it is written "G%d;", and you must write "LG%d\n". The command structure in common case is like following
"L...command... \n" or "A...command...\n". You don't need to write "L" and carriage return after each command you can add it in the end of series of commands. For example, instead of "LG%d\n", "LP%.1f\n" you can write "LG%d;P%.1f\n"

murat@bgu.ac.il
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(5,098 Views)
 I am new to labview, looking for a example on how to control SR530 to read and write and to set parameters such as sensetivity, oscillation amplitude and oscillation phase.   
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(5,077 Views)

Give me your mail, I will send you examples

murat@.bgu.ac.il

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(5,008 Views)

Hi,

I am new on Labview and I am trying to control lockin amplifier sr530 but I cant so I want a complete program of labview to control the amplifier

shankar khanal

khanal_shanakar65@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(3,953 Views)

Asking for a 'complete program' is a bit much unless you are willing to pay for development. If you want help with what you have done, you need to explain what exactly you mean by 'I can't'. If you get errors, provide the error code.

p.s. Not a very good idea to post your email in a public forum unless you enjoy receiving spam.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,949 Views)

I use the driver for the sr530 for lockin amplifier and using GPIB as interface,at first it shows the reading of frequency ,X,Y but later it does not show any thing and all the readings are zero. I am using a frequency generator to generate frequency. I cannt   figure out the problem and solve it. If there is driver is it necessary to connect other stuff to make reading like that.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,941 Views)
I am using labview 2013 and has a problem to communicate with sr530 .I made a program which read the device type and model . I need to get the data from the device . I am using a mechanical chooper as a reference , and laser he-ne as a source and a photo detector
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,549 Views)

First this is an old thread.

Second, I assume you are using the *IDN? query to try and get device type and model. The SR530 does NOT respond to this command. In fact there is no identity type query that it reponds to.

Cheers,

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,538 Views)