LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems when running without block diagram open

Showing the block diagram probably slows down execution just a tad, enough for the code to work, so it's a timing issue somewhere.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(509 Views)

Do you have breakpoints in your code? Maybe in this specific vi?

Also, you might want to run a mass compile in case there is some corruption.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(498 Views)

On one computer it helped when added a 10ms wait or Control task instead of Start task (with "Commit"). On the other one it didn't but when I open block diagram and/or add probes it works just fine. When using breakpoints it works as well. So I suspect a timing error as well. The two computers both run Windows 7 with LabView 12.0.1f5 installed. They run throught two PXI-rigs, the one that works on a PXI-1044 and the other one on PXI-1042.

I have attached a picture of the message that I get. Hope this helps... 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(487 Views)

Forgot to write that the NI-DAQ version is 9.8.0

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(485 Views)

Hi Mersad,

Thanks for the information. If you check this folder:

C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Documents\LabVIEW Data\lvfailurelog, where xxxxxxx is your Windows user account, can you find any file related to your crashes? It should be a txt-file with date and time of the crash containing some more info. If so, could you attach this as well?

Otherwise, if this is a timing error, one might try to do an execution trace of the problematic code. To this end, you could download and evaluate (7 days) the NI LabVIEW Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit

You can find more information about DETT here and here.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(475 Views)

Thanks! I will try the trace! These are the report files contained in the report folder.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(469 Views)

For some reason the files weren't attached in my previous post. New try...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(468 Views)