From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using MAX and PXI 8186 RT

Hi all !

I'm facing to problems using MAX

1) We have a 1GB switch in order to connect my PXI 8186 RT controller and the host PC, when i use this switch, and i try to access the cards plugged in the PXI card with MAX, MAX crash! When i use a 10/100 Mb switch everything is ok, i can access to the card without any problem ! I know the PXI 8186 controller is only fitted with a 10/100 Mb Ethernet card, but i think that must not be a problem , am i wrong ? Is this problem a known bug ??

2) I want to install all software used by my application on the host computer (in order to be able to reinstall the PXI8186 controller in case of a crash)! To do that i installed MAX 3.1.1, then all drivers NI-DAQmx 7.4, CAN2.2, VISA 3.3, and finally Labview RT 7.1 Embedded on my gost computer! After that i tried to download these software in the controller using MAX! The problem is these software are on the host computer (there are visible in system/ software) , but when i try to install them on the controller, max don't see them ! I tried to uninstall and re-install all software but no changes ... Is there a procedure or an order to install all these software ??? What should i do ???
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,177 Views)
Hello,

The process to install software on RT controller is :
1/ Install LabVIEW Real-Time 7.1 on your host computer
2/ Install all driveres you need on your RT target
3/ On your host machine, in MAX, go to "remote targets"
4/ Expand "Software"
5/ Clik on "Install" button.

This application note will give you more details about above process.

Our controller is only provided with 10/100 MB network device. You have to check if you can configure your 1GB switch into 10/100 MB.

Regards,
Isabelle
Ingénieur d'applications
National Instruments France
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,170 Views)