LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using MAX and PXI 8186 RT

Hi all !

I'm facing to problems using MAX

1) We have a 1GB switch in order to connect my PXI 8186 RT controller and the host PC, when i use this switch, and i try to access the cards plugged in the PXI card with MAX, MAX crash! When i use a 10/100 Mb switch everything is ok, i can access to the card without any problem ! I know the PXI 8186 controller is only fitted with a 10/100 Mb Ethernet card, but i think that must not be a problem , am i wrong ? Is this problem a known bug ??

2) I want to install all software used by my application on the host computer (in order to be able to reinstall the PXI8186 controller in case of a crash)! To do that i installed MAX 3.1.1, then all drivers NI-DAQmx 7.4, CAN2.2, VISA 3.3, and finally Labview RT 7.1 Embedded on my gost computer! After that i tried to download these software in the controller using MAX! The problem is these software are on the host computer (there are visible in system/ software) , but when i try to install them on the controller, max don't see them ! I tried to uninstall and re-install all software but no changes ... Is there a procedure or an order to install all these software ??? What should i do ???
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,163 Views)
Hello,

The process to install software on RT controller is :
1/ Install LabVIEW Real-Time 7.1 on your host computer
2/ Install all driveres you need on your RT target
3/ On your host machine, in MAX, go to "remote targets"
4/ Expand "Software"
5/ Clik on "Install" button.

This application note will give you more details about above process.

Our controller is only provided with 10/100 MB network device. You have to check if you can configure your 1GB switch into 10/100 MB.

Regards,
Isabelle
Ingénieur d'applications
National Instruments France
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,156 Views)