LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems running code on a different PC, Executable runs on both PCs

Solved!
Go to solution

We recently transferred a LV 2010 license from one workstation to another one and tried running some LV code (LV 2010 code) and an executable made from the code at the "new" code development station.

The executable runs without issues. The code won't initialize one of the two devices on a SBS MIL-STD-1553 interface card that's installed in the workstation.

Why would the executable work so flawlessly while the code from which the executable was generated has issues? Seems it would have to be something to do with the new workstation and/or its SBS card.

Any experience with these types of issues when migrating to a new development workstation (mine is running Win XP and LV2010) are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Bledsoe
Electrical Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,912 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MinerHokieRamp

my guess would be a missing device driver for the SBS card.  

Of Course GE didn't get the memo stating that product support materials should be easy to access

Capture.PNG

I guess you'll have to beg for support from GE.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,900 Views)

Wouldn't a missing driver prevent executable operation?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Bledsoe
Electrical Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,888 Views)
Solution

@MinerHokieRamp wrote:

Wouldn't a missing driver prevent executable operation?

Thanks,

Not if its built into the exe correctly

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,875 Views)
Solution

I'll see if I can find a later version of the DLL and try it and let you know the results.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Bledsoe
Electrical Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,852 Views)
Solution

No,  The LabVIEW Instrument driver from GE  "LV 1553" is the product name but GE won't let you download it without "Permission"

They do respond to e-mails though...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,843 Views)
Solution

I meant I'd contact GE support, give them the date on our DLL, and ask if there's a newer one I could try. They're easy to work with.

Also asked GE about the appropriate microcode file for this card for 2-device mode.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Bledsoe
Electrical Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,835 Views)

I was using the F067L1 microcode in the PASS 3200 card. GE support said that version of microcode is for the PASS 3200 app and not the Integrated Avionics Avionics Library (i.e., the library of the functions in their DLL).

I updated the microcode to the F040M8 version GE provided. The LV code works now.

The DLL is an older version, dated 12/18/2002. It's working with the LV code but we'll consider updating the DLL in the future.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Bledsoe
Electrical Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,756 Views)