LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems With GigE Image Capture

Here is something that I cannot understand.  I am using 4 GigE cameras at 500 ppm.  If I run the cameras (4 GigE) without a trigger I can run them up to 30 frames per second without ever missing an image or having a funny display or anything.  They just chug along perfectly.  When I trigger them, the images come in all funny.  And it certainly seems like the system can't keep up.  The main camera (or camera 1) sometimes displays only half an image or soemthing odd.  I can watch the triggers on a scope and the triggers are perfect.  With the triggers on, sometimes the system starts lagging behind.  I can watch the count (from the times through the loop) and at 30 fps (no trigger) it flies with NO PROBLEMS.  But with triggers it cannot keep up at 7 fps.  I have attached the image capture part of my program (only cam 1 but they are all identical except for names).  The triggers are direct to the cameras from the PLC.
If anyone can help it would be HUGE.  I am stuck in Europe until I figure this out.
JJRGT
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,265 Views)

Sadly, there is nothing directly that would cause this problem of lagging for you. The GigE cameras should work fine with the triggering. I'm assuming you are just trying to send a 30Hz pulse train to the cameras?

First off, are you setting up the triggering in MAX or LabVIEW? What kind of cameras are you using? Could you post a screenshot of the "funny" images? What brand cameras are you using?

Some of these questions could help people answer your question a little better. 

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,228 Views)