LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probleme with ModBus and AKD kollemorgen Driver

Hello,

I'm Beginner in LabView and I have a trouble to read data from my driver AKD Kollemorgen using LabView, I found this VI in this Forum "  

It's work if i want to read the feedback position but it didn't work for Current feedback , in fact, in the VI we can see 3 scales factors, the 1000 and 20 OK, but the last factor I make it when comparing to the value figured in the workbench, It's Ok for position but the current change so fast then i can never have a constant factor. Smiley Sad

Can someone help me please to read data from my driver without using all this scales factors and using Modbus ???

Thanks !! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,878 Views)

Hello chouroukatt,

Based on your question, it seems like you are reading from the correct modbus registers since you are receiving data. What type of data are expecting from your device? If you know the format of the data you should be able to convert it back to a relevant number. You code seems to already perform this conversion but without knowing exactly what data you are expecting you will not be able to make sure you are converting it correctly.

Why are the scaling factors needed in your application? What do you mean by “last factor I make it when comparing to the value figured in the workbench”? Currently it is a constant on the block diagram. Are you planning to change this constant to a control and feed in a value from your workbench?

Regards,

j_bou

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,800 Views)

thank you so much for your solution it gave me an idea and I resolut the problem, Now I try to record data for a long time ( 10 hours) i Use TDMS's file,  I noticed that the sampling period it is not the same all the time , at the beginning I have value each 500ms(I put a wait(ms) function in the while loop)  , but after a periode of time it is no longer constant, have you an idea how to keep a constant period between two record please ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,753 Views)

What happens on your computer during that one longer sample?  Did you respond to something on the screen?  Did Windows check for updates?

If you're using Windows, youre at the mercy of Windows.

Message 4 of 5
(2,722 Views)

yes I am using windows, I run tests and I go home the next day I return to see the results, 😞
is there a solution? or i must switch to another operating system?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,718 Views)