LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with two USB devices

Well, that's in part because I did, temporarily, "give up".  However, I have noted this, and will attempt to get my Surface and my Joystick in the same room, together, and look, again, at whether or not I can enumerate and find the Joystick.  It may take a day or two ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(338 Views)

Thank you Bob! Quick update: I was able to get my joystick to be #7 in my DirectInput Device list in the DirectXDiagnostic Tool. I did this by disabling some drivers that weren't being used. Unfortunetly,even though the Pro sees the joystick, Labview is still not recognizing it. It doesn't show up in the Measurement & Automation Explorer under Devices and also just doesn't work when I run the program so I guess something else must be causing the problem. The joystick works fine with the same Labview code on a older computer running Vista, unlike Windows 8.1 on the Pro, so maybe it has something to do with that. I've also tried out different device indices with no luck. Maybe the USB hub I'm using is the source of the problem? I'm not sure.  

Will keep trying a few things..

-Raquel 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(306 Views)

Well, Joystick and Surface Pro have been reunited after a long separation.  Unfortunately, little has changed.  I'm now running LabVIEW 2014, but it still seems to "look at" only the first 8 DirectX-enumerated devices, and my Logitech Joystick, plugged into the only USB port on this thing, still is the 15th (and last) device.  "There is no Joy(stick) in my Surface, Mighty LabVIEW Has Struck Out" (apologies to Casey).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(287 Views)