cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with timing a driver

Solved!
Go to solution

@Norbert_B wrote:

1. It is not common to include "(SubVI)" as part of VI names. As there should only be a single top-level VI (rule of thumb) in an application, EVERY other VI is automatically SubVI. Marking that additionally seems to be overhead.

@inuyasha84 wrote:

1- I haven't understood what you want to say here... 

The ZIP file you attached contains 5 VIs, and 4 of them are subVIs, Norbert_B wants to say, you need not add 'SUBVI' to their name, as in a program, generally only single VI is a top-level (main) VI and all others are subVIs. Instead you can place all subVIs in a separate folder.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

Message 11 of 14
(307 Views)

Ok thank you 🙂 

Today I have learnt a lot of things. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(299 Views)

@inuyasha84 wrote:

[..]10- I haven't understood what do you mean here...[..]

This refers to

10. Do not hide state transition code in a functional subVI. Either you have a specific "Transition" VI or place the code directly in the state machine.

I now understand why your transition code is hidden in those subVIs as you marked existing code and used the Edit >> Create SubVI functionality to generate the subVIs.

The point is, you also selected the transition code of the individual states to put them into the subVI. You shouldn't do that.

Make it a rule:

A subVI has to be as "genereic" and simple as possible. Focused on one functionality.

When following the rule, chances are high that you can re-use the same VI over and over again, even in different projects!

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 13 of 14
(294 Views)

@inuyasha84 wrote:

[...]
8- yes is costant, that's the reason why i haven't put a control as you suggest..because it was boring to set it everytime 😛
[...]

That's why i wrote you should define a good default value.

If the value is correct you entered manually, select Data Operations >> Make Current Value Default in the context (right-click) menu.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 14 of 14
(293 Views)