LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with subVIs in executable

Hello everyone.

First of all thanks a lot for reading this post and being able to help.

I have a VI which contains two subVI which I have created.

It works correctly in develop environment.

I create a .EXE and an installer. They are created correctly.

When I install the installer in another PC which does not have Labview (has RunTime Engine) it is installed correctly. But when I open the application it gives an error "VI has a bad connection to or cannot find a subVI or external routine".

What am I doing wrong? I use subVI when I create the application...

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,681 Views)

This VI is missing one of its subVIs or it has a dependency on an external routine, such as a Call Library Function Node, that cannot be found. However, this VI was saved without its block diagram, and therefore LabVIEW cannot show further information about this error.

To correct this error, you must identify the missing subVI and load it or find the missing external routine and make it available to LabVIEW.

-How you are using(calling) the SubVIs in the VI?

-Are you sure have the blockdiagram for the VI shows error? If so disable this and try it again.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FEE732F4B1541B9586256BF0006A78CA

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,672 Views)

Thanks a lot for answering.

I have in the same folder the VI and the two subVI.

This subVI were created just with right click-Edit-Create subVI.

This is all that I did.

And I have not done anything of the link you post...

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,666 Views)

More information.

I have created the VI and subVI in "windows 10" and the application is running in another PC which has windows 7.

Something wrong there?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,663 Views)
Did you save the SubVI after creating it?
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,659 Views)

yes I did.

And when I do .EXE I include them.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,656 Views)

-Can you run the EXE in your development machine and see if it works?
- Do you get this error: "There is a problem with a subVI but this VI has no block diagram." ?
-Can you post screenshot of error?
-Make sure your SubVI is in Always included in Source File tab:http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/833DD36952EEDB5086257523006D14FF

Edit: Is this the first time you are creating EXE and/or installer?

Which LabVIEW version you used and what Runtime engine you included?

-Are both PCs of same bit type?

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,649 Views)

Is there anything "proprietary" about your application?  If not, I recommend that you compress the folder containing the Project, main VI, and subVI (I assume they're all in a single folder) and attach the resulting .ZIP file here.  The Project should contain the Builds that you created, so we can (a) see the code, (b) see the Builds, and (c) try it out ourselves.  Otherwise, it is difficult to say if you did something "wrong", or if something is "missing", or to make more helpful suggestions as to the nature of your problem.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,625 Views)

Hello thanks for response!

I reply you to your question!

- I have tried to run .EXE in my development machine and it happens the same... does not work.

- I get that error but I have saved with block diagram and it happens the same. I see the block diagram in EXE and manu VIs are not recognized... like it can not load a library or something.

- I attach a screenshot of the errors.

- I included my subVI in Source File like you said and it happens the same.

- It is my first time that I created a EXE like this.

- Labview 2015 SP1 (32 bits) (but the PCs are 64 bits, however I use that labview because it is the only one that works with OPC client for me)

- Both PCs (develop machine and EXE machine are the same bit type).

Thanks a lot!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,577 Views)

The error says you don't have proper license for LabVIEW Real-Time development or Debug environment. You need to purchase the license and activate then it works.

-If you ae using realtime module inside your application you need have license for that module.

Ref: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/13751 and http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9561/en/

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,572 Views)