LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with saving a cluster to a datalog file!

I have a cluster like in the attachted file. In order to save different Front Panel Setups I have arrays of clusters in there. If there are new or changed elemnts to save I read the datalog file in where the Array Cluster is saved. Then I access the according Array and replace, delete or append a Cluster in the array containing the new settings. After that I overwrite the existing file with a new file whre the chagings are done.
My Problem is that it works for the first two times that I save a cluster to the e.g. After that if the file is opened for the third time the Error Message is (71) which says that the datalog filetype is not matching. But It works two times before? Is ther any limitation regarding Arrays in
Clusters? what else could be the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,340 Views)
You get the "Error 71" when you are trying to save a datalog type different than the one already specified in the file. Try to use the "New File" function instead of the "Open File" function. Remember to connect a boolean "true" to the "overwrite" input.

If you still have problems, please post your code, and I will look further into your issue, thanks.

Best regards,
Philip C.
National Instruments
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,340 Views)
HI Thanks for your answer. I solved the problem already. It was not the cluster what was wrong but the wiring. It worked two times because the first time I used the "New File" in a different Case than for the second time. This "New File" had a wrong wire connected to the datalog file. So the problem occured on opening the file for the third time.
Thanks again very much.
Regards
ANDY
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,340 Views)