From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with running multiple functions

Hi all,

I need to monitor some variables from a controller using the modbus protocol. First I tried making some little VIs to test reading some variables of the same type (for example just one block to read 4 consecutive input registers), and it worked fine. But now when I want to read more things, I have problems.

I attached an image of the VI I'm using (I'm new to labview, so it probably has some big mistakes). If I run it using the Highlight Execution (the lightbult troubleshooting feature), I see that the blocks are being read one at a time from the upper to the lower, and the results are the ones I'm looking for (good result.png). Unfortunately the speed is too low. And when I run it at normal speed, it goes crazy, I don't see any result at all, in fact some wrong results are written (the indicator led above the "2" in the images turns on at a random time, the OK/NG indicators are blinking, and the "Etapa Actual" [Current Step] stays at 0)

I don't know how to fix that, it probably has to do with adding some time loops or making the reads secuential or something like that, but I'm new to labview so I don't know what's the correct approach to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Stefan.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,964 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,954 Views)