LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "stretching" when using report generation vi's to print fron panel.

I am using LabVIEW 6.0.1 and when I use the "Append Front Panel Image to Report" vi to print my fron panel, the result is an elongated (stretched)version of my front panel that runs off the page and doesn't show some of the content. Does anyone know why this happens?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,800 Views)
Hello,

I have never heard of this problem before. My first suggestion for you is to install the LabVIEW 6.0.2 update, as there were some fixes included in this update regarding printing from LabVIEW. Also, have you tried printing the report to a different printer, to see if the problem is inherent to the subVI or inherent to your printer?

If you are continuing to have any problems, please let me know, and if possible, attach an example VI to your reply that demonstrates the behavior so I can reproduce it.

Thanks for your patience on this issue, and have a pleasant day.

Sincerely,
Darren Nattinger
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,799 Views)
I am having the same sort of problem and I am using labview 6.1. I am using the Append Front Panel Image to Report VI and Print report VI. But when it prints, my front panel is larger than what the utility will allow so it just chops off everything that doesn't fit on the 8.5x11 sheet of paper. What I want is for the front panel to be scaled down so it fits on an 8.5x11 sheet.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,799 Views)
I'm having a problem with this VI's too. If I use the Append Front Panel Image to Report VI in a Standard Report twice or more times, LabVIEW closes when it executes Print Report VI, without print anything. If I use a HTML report there is no problem.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,798 Views)
I have just started to use the Report Generation Toolkit and ran across the same problem as Ken123. Has anyone found a solution or work around? I would like to be able to pick a scale factor so the image of the front panel will fit on an 8.5 x 11 page.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,798 Views)
My problem is similar. LabVIEW6.1, Append Front Panel Image causes my front panel to reduce horizontally to fit the page. The hieght of the objects printed exactly matches the height of objects on my screen. The result is my printer output shows round objects as ovals. Everything is reduced horizontally. I cannot get control through setting or deleting margins or tabs. Setting Report Margins or Set Report Orientation both return errors not understood by the help system. All of my printers are connected through a network and no printer is connected to my development computer. I have three very different printers available, they all do the same thing. Any ideas? I do not see any answers here, just problems!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,734 Views)
Do you have any information on the errors you received? Do you have a numeric code associated with them or anything else telling?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,711 Views)