LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with projects containing "Auto-populating" folders

Problem:

I have a folder containing a complete project with all files.  

The project has "Auto-populating" enabled.  

I create a copy of the folder under a new name.  

When I open the project in the copied folder I observe this:  

The build specification for the application no longer contains "Startup VIs".

Details:

The folder "DemoProject" contains all files belonging to the project. "DemoProject" has been added to the project file using "Add" - "Folder (Auto-populating)...". Under "Build Specifications" with "New" - "Application (EXE)" I added "DemoProjectApp". Under properties of "DemoProjectApp" - "Source Files" - "Startup VIs" I added "DemoProjectMain.vi". "DemoProjectMain.vi" and the "DemoProject.lvproj" file are located inside the folder "DemoProject". So far so good.

- Here is the problem: Now I copy "DemoProject" to "DemoProject - Copy". When I open the project the build specification of "DemoProjectApp" contains no "Startup VIs". Also "Always Included" is empty. No warning has been presented!

- Workaround: "Stop Auto-population" before you create the copy. Afterwards switch "Auto-population" on again.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,034 Views)

Try current folder instead of auto populating

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,023 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Try current folder instead of auto populating

What is a "current folder?"

[edit] brain-gltch:  It's not a choice.  He literally meant "the current folder!"  Duh.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,003 Views)

Friend billko,

I want him to add the VI which contain all the VIs and other files using as shown below in image files.

I asked him to try.May this solve the problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,980 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Friend @billko,

I want him to add the VI which contain all the VIs and other files using as shown below in image files.

I asked him to try.May this solve the problem.

Hi, Ranjeet_Singh:

I was a little slow with the brain yesterday, but I eventually understood what you were getting at.  🙂

Thanks!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,947 Views)

For Copying any LabVIEW project (.lvproj), you can not simply copy and paste the folder.

we have to do the below step:

File >> Save As.. and select the option Duplicate .lvproj file ( includeing all the dependencies) then only the project duplicate in to the other folder.

Note: if any conflicts in the project Save As option will not Enable.

Project Save As.JPG

another issues while building the copied Folder Build Specification EXE Paths are different due to this you have to add Startup VIs and Dynamic VIs Manually.

see the attachment for reference and copy in the C Drive and Try it.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,847 Views)