LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with parameterized procedure in Labview and Oracle9i

Hi Simbani,

I think this error has been generated by the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC. Since it seems to be a 3rd party problem, I don't have a lot of information on potential fixes, but I did find a suggestion that you manually create the SQL Query using the INSERT INTO command.

You can found on this link : http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzone.nsf/webcategories/0F9EE47C28AA0628862567AC004EDCE3, example to create directly SQL command.

Regards,

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,272 Views)
Hello National France,

Thanks.

I am using the Oracle OLE DB Provider for ODBC not the Microsoft one

Simbani
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,262 Views)

Hi,

In some versions of Oracle, or with certain ODBC providers, the Microsoft ADO client cannot retrieve the properties requested by the Connection Get Properties VI.

Fortunately, most other commands and requests will execute without problem, and the only property that DB Tools Create Parameterized Query uses is the command timeout limit (as is explained in the block diagram). You can very easily modify the block diagram to specify its own timeout that is appropriate for your application. Save the VI with a new name and you will be able to use it in place of the original VI.

Check, that you have the latest version of Microsoft ADO, and Oracle's ODBC provider, .

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/fa0a99e9bd96c8e98625713d007167ec

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=71939&requireLogin=False

Best regards,

Christophe S.
Account Manager East of France І Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer І National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,249 Views)
Hello Christoph,

I am attaching the DB Tools Create parameterized Query Simbani.vi in which I have a timeout constant of 20. ¿This is what you mean? ¿How do I know the rigth timeout for my application?.

I suppose that if I delate the timeout input from the Property Node Command the *.vi will work well, but it will wait for ever should anything goes wrong. Then, I could wire a rather high timeout value such as 20. Am I right ?

Thanks ad regards
Simbani 
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,242 Views)
HI,
   Have you already found the solution? I am also facing same problem, but I am using LabView 8.0 and Orcle 10.2 version. Thank you in advanced for your reply.

With Regards,
Tin
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(836 Views)

Hi Tin

Unfortunately, I did not find any solution.

Regards

Simbani

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(819 Views)
Hi Tin,

Are you also using the Oracle OLE DB Provider for ODBC?

Thanks,
Karunya Ravindran
Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(807 Views)

Karunya,

I am using Oracle ODBC

Simbani

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(795 Views)
Hi Simbani,

Like Christopher said, in certain ODBC providers, Microsoft ADO client cannot retrieve the properties requested by the Connection Get Properties VI.

Were you able to run the VI posted by on this discussion forum.

Your other option would be to purchase the NI Database Connectivity Toolkit.

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(774 Views)