LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with merging frames with subdiagram label

I noticed a problem today with using subdiagram labels in a flat sequence. If I merge frames in the sequence the labels come together and can't be deleted. If I uncheck Subdiagram labels from the visible items menu, the label stays there. Trying to select just the label selects the entire flat sequence.

Wasn't sure if this was a bug or not.

Thanks,

Chris 

subdiagram label.png

Message 1 of 10
(3,045 Views)

I see what you mean.  One more reason to stay away from flat sequence structures - unless they contain only one frame.  Yes, there actually is a use for a flat sequence structure with one frame.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 10
(3,029 Views)

Hi Chris, 

I took a look and was easily able to reproduce this incorrect behavior. This was reported to R&D (# 402433) for further investigation. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Andy C.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments 

Message 3 of 10
(2,986 Views)

I've just hit this myself. Is there any update? Or any way to remove the surpurfluous label?

It gets worse when you enlarge the merged frame in both directions and you end up with a label across the middle of the frame stuck behind everything and impossible to remove.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,885 Views)

Hello Hornless.Rhino,

You can check the current status of bug fixes for different versions of LabVIEW online. A list of bug fixes for LabVIEW 2013 SP1 can be found online at http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/52011/en/

As prevously stated by Any-C the reference number for this bug is 402433. At this time, the bug has not been fixed but you can keep checking on the provided website and subsequent versions of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,854 Views)

Didn't know about that page. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,813 Views)

I'm running LabVIEW 2014 with all the most recent updates and just ran into this exact problem.  Is there a fix or workaround yet or am I stuck with a giant immovable label in the middle of the Block Diagram?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,716 Views)
The workaround is to not use a sequence structure 😁.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,698 Views)
I realize that. I'm fixing up someone else's existing VIs and breaking down the massive flat sequences into something less terrible. But now I'm stuck with these huge glitchy labels. I will also point out that right-clicking one of the labels and choosing Properties (the only option) causes LabVIEW to immediately crash. Every time. So this is definitely a bug that needs to be fixed.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,681 Views)
I have found that when cleaning up bad code getting rid of sequence structures is typically a 3 step process:

1 Convert stacked sequence to a flat one.
2 Remove the flat sequence.
3 Hit block diagram cleanup

Most of the time that is all that is required because there is usually already data dependencies between the frames.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,670 Views)