cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with event structures

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody!

I want to program a calculator with Boolean buttons as input tools.

If the first figure is entered and the user presses one of the basic arithmetic operation buttons I made the entered figure disappear in order to make the need of the next figure clear to the user (That’s the first While Loop).

Basically the second While Loop contains entering the second figure and pressing enter to start the calculation. It uses the same event structure for adding a new number and basically the same event structure for the termination of the while loop.

My problem is: The two event structures in the while loops for adding a new number don’t work together! To show what I mean I just added the event ‘“1”: Value Change’ in the second event structure. I can use all numbers 2 – 8 properly but as soon as I use “1” it stops working…

I tried the same with flat sequence structures but the same problem occurred.

Can someone help me with my problem?

I know that there are way easier methods for programing a calculator, but I wanted to try this way without the possibility of using the keyboard to enter figures.

Thanks a lot for your help and greetings from germany!

(Sorry for my rude English. Sorry as well for my newbie-LabVIEW-skills. I just started using LabVIEW a few days ago.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,194 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jobauer

You do realize your Event Structure can have more than one case.  You can do all of this with just a single loop with a single Event Structure.  You don't even need the timeout.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,179 Views)

Thanks for your response!
I will try to solve my problem with one event structure only

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,140 Views)

I solved it with one structer only! Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,123 Views)