LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with calling a external DLL file

Hello everyone,
        I have a real delusive problem when i call a external DLL, thank you for reading my boring problem and awkward English.
I need to explain the architecture of the external files at first. There are three files respectively named *.exe, *.dll and *.ini. In my LABVIEW program, I call the DLL file using call library function node. Some old type products can run on this LV program. (Notice: here the LV program is a source code, not an application.And the DLL, INI file are in the same folder together with my source code.) . But Some new types products can't run on it. We find when running the EXE file it will generate a *.log file. But our LV program has NOT!!! we find the *.log file are defined in the *.ini file.
Now the problem is:
       When I generate an application by Building application with my LV program. And I run my application it can generate the *.log file. And new type products can work well. (Here my application, DLL and INI file are in the same folder.)
       It seems that the *.ini file is not in right directory so the DLL has not called it. I have tried to change directory but it still doesn't work.
I am really defused now. Anybody who can give me some advice or save me out of the hell? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,175 Views)

Hi,

How are you generating the path to the ini, is this done in the DLL or in the VI and passed to the DLL?

Can you post an example or post some JPGs outlining your code?

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,148 Views)