LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with append table and Word 2010

I have LabView 2012 and MS Office 2007 and I have the exact same problem as you do.  I think I found the culprit and fixed it.  I rewrote that VI for my application.  It's a sub vi of the vi you have in your picture.  It's in the NI "Word_Update_Table.VI".  If you tell it to move down 60 counts it will only move down 33 counts (Why? I don't have a clue).  I fixed it by sticking it in while loop and reading the MoveDown value subtracting it from the intended move down counts until it hits zero.

Issue.jpg

This is what I did to fix it.

Issue.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 36
(958 Views)

Rich - two things I see that can be removed:

• Not sure why there is a Flat Sequence Structure around the Paste Command. You don't need it because your enforcing dataflow.
  • Why is there a string wire going to the same Flat Sequence Structure when nothing is being wired to it? I'd remove that wire.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 36
(954 Views)

Eric,

I didn't write this.  It's the VI in the NI Report Generation ToolKit.  I was just pointing to the problem and I re-wrote this entire VI for my purposes so I didn;t post it.

I think think the reason for the flat sequence is to wait for the information to be on the clipboard.  The wire that goes to the flat sequence, but does not go anywhere, ensures the PASTE will not execute until after the information has been pasted to the clip board using that green VI that says Set CB.  It's a locked VI so I don't know what it does.

I did notice I made a mistake in what I did post, I forgot to exit the loop on an error.

Issue.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 36
(942 Views)

Eric,

I didn't write this.  It's the VI in the NI Report Generation ToolKit.  I was just pointing to the problem and I re-wrote this entire VI for my purposes so I didn;t post it.

I think think the reason for the flat sequence is to wait for the information to be on the clipboard.  The wire that goes to the flat sequence, but does not go anywhere, ensures the PASTE will not execute until after the information has been pasted to the clip board using that green VI that says Set CB.  It's a locked VI so I don't know what it does.

I did notice I made a mistake in what I did post, I forgot to exit the loop on an error.

Issue.jpg

Message 34 of 36
(942 Views)

Gotcha. I thought that the first image was your code and not the WordUpdateTable VI.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 36
(938 Views)

Super! problem solved! thanks a WHOOOOLE lot M_Berggren, I was struggling with this problem! 

(solution I'm talking about: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Problem-with-append-table-and-Word-2010/m-p/2190960#M702610)

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 36
(904 Views)