From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with append table and Word 2010

David,

I am also having some issues with Labview 2009, the report generation toolkit, and, in my case, Excel 2010.

If I undetstand you correctly, is looks like I am going to need to get LabView 2010 so I can communicate with Office 2010. Correct? Or can I download the Report Generation Toolkit 2010 and work wiith Labview 2009?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 36
(2,325 Views)

In order to interact with any product in Office 2010 you must have Report Generation Toolkit 2010.  To use RGT 2010, you must have LabVIEW 2010. 

LabVIEW 2010 Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office Readme

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 36
(2,318 Views)

David,

Thanks for your reply. Right now, I do not have the DVDs, but I do have a service agreement. The last set of DVDs I have are from the Fourth Quarter 2009. Who do I contact to get the latest set of DVDs?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 36
(2,301 Views)

You can always download current and past versions of LabVIEW, and most toolkits and modules from NI.com/SRC (Services resource Center).

Beyond that, I'd recommend speaking with your Technical Sales Rep, if you'd like physical media as well.

Hope this helps,

Fred Visser -- SystemLink R&D -- National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 36
(2,294 Views)

This is causing a lot of frustraion. It was working but now that we have moved to Word 2010 the patch is slow.

How do I find if this has been resolved? Is there a place I can look at the CAR status?

This fix works for numbers but it doesn't work if you are using strings. If you are using strings you must check that there are no empty strings in the array. I replace them with a single space.

This is a work around, but only that. I generate a test report that has a table with 5 columns x 244 rows so 1220 cells must be updated. it takes about 70 sec to do this which is way to long.

The Word_Insert_Table.vi needs to be fixed so that editing is not required.

LabVIEW 2010 sp1

Norm

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 36
(2,187 Views)

Viper,

CARs that have been fixed will be listed in the release notes of each new version of LabVIEW.  

I took a look at the example code that David posted and saw that he was using the Numeric instance of the polymorphic Append Table to Report VI.  Have you tried using the text version.  You can do this by putting a new Append Table to Report VI on the block diagram, then Right-Click » Select Type » Append Text Table to Report (wrap).

This should allow you to append text to a table.  Be aware that you will also need to remove the Format Value VI if you do not need to convert a numeric data type to a string type.

Drew T.
Camber Ridge, LLC.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 36
(2,177 Views)

Drew, Thanks for your response.

That's right David was having trouble with numbers and I am having the same exact trouble with text. If you look at the vi I referenced (Word_Insert_Table.vi) it is common to both branches of the number/string branches of the poymorphic vi Append Text Table to Report.vi. It creates the table using text weither you are using the text or numeric versions. It creates the table but each row is futzed. The first column for each row is duplicated. For j=0 to m, Sij = Si0 where the size of S is n X m.

So essentially you end up creating a table filled with garbage and then you slowly correct it starting at the second column. It takes less than a second to create the futzed table and then over a minuite to do the editing for my 200+ row tables.

My guys will be running this report several times a day and waiting over a minuite each will not do much for my reputation.

Norm

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 36
(2,173 Views)

Norm,

First off, I apologize for slightly misunderstanding your problem statement.  I thought that you were commenting that trying to use tedxt in the numeric function did not work either.  I see where you are coming from now.  

However, as above, this issue has been reported to R&D.  They are working on it and you can keep an eye out for a fix in a future version.  As of now, the only known workaround is the method you are currently using.  I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Drew T.
Camber Ridge, LLC.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 36
(2,156 Views)

Hi @all

I have the same issue here using LabVIEW 2011 and the RGT 2011.

The output should look like:

0 5
1 6
2 7
3 8
4 9

But in word it looks like:

0 0
5 5
1 1
6 6
2 2
7 7

Data in the clipboard (added from LabVIEW):

Is there a fix available for LV2011?

Regards,

Bastian

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 36
(2,076 Views)

Bastian,

I apologize but the fix is not yet available.  Have you tried the workaround described in the previous posts?

Drew T.
Camber Ridge, LLC.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 36
(2,052 Views)