From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with acquiring signals with DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to acquire a voltage signal using NI-USB DAQ 6008 without using DAQ assistant express vi but the vi is giving out error as shown in the attached image.

I just want to acquire the voltage signal .

Can someone help me out in solving the error so that I can get acquire the voltage using DAQ.

thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,638 Views)

You need to set the sample mode to Continuous with the DAQmx Timing function.  You also shouldn't wire in the "samples per channel" on the DAQmx Timing when you use Continuous mode.  All you are doing is making your buffer really small and are opening yourself up to some interesting errors caused by buffer overflows.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,615 Views)

Hi crossrulz,

I tired the way you suggested but I still get error as shown in the attached image.

Can I know how to correct it.

thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,575 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GoviRe

Hello GoviRe,

Please turn off Highlight Execution. ("the yellow lamp" should be turned to off/"white" ) 

Your samples get overwritten, because you're forcing them to get overwritten by using Highlight Execution.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,554 Views)

Hello GoviRe,

Did it resolve the issue?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,529 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion now it is reading continuously without popping up any error.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,520 Views)

Thanks for the update!

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,514 Views)