From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Mixed Signal Graph cursor LV 2013

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to create a feature that puts the location of the cursor to a specific point on the x axis. When I'm not sending the value, the cursor behaves normally. When I send the value (even when using a constant) the cursor will keep oscillating between previous position and position entered in property node.

This doesn't happen when using an XY graph, only with a multi signal. Is this a glitch or am I doing something patently wrong? Below is a snippet from my BD.

MS Graph issue.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,319 Views)

I forgot something, The cursor legend retains the values from the previous position, it does not update to the location I put into the prop node.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,312 Views)

Do you by any chance have the cursor to snap to a plot. That might cause it to move temporarily and then snap back. Why do you keep setting the same things over and over again (cursor visible, for example). Stop doing that to see if it makes a difference too.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,311 Views)

Mike,

I'm not sure what you mean by "snap to a plot".

Removing the redundancies doesn't help. Sorry about the mess. I didn't feel like making it pretty for y'all, after all, it's Friday 😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,305 Views)

If you right click on the cursor one of the options you can set is whether it snaps to a particular plot, a particular point or neither.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,301 Views)

OK, I know what you mean; I just tried various combos with no luck 😕

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,293 Views)
Can you create a simple subset of your app that exhibits the effect?

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,275 Views)

Sure, I'll post it in a bit

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,242 Views)

One other thing, it only does it with the cursor set to Multi-Plot, it works okay with Single Plot.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,238 Views)

Here is a truncated version of the problem, essentially I'm taking data from a csv file and graphing it. The feature finds the row position of where a fault occurs, and allows the user to go directly to that place in the data.

Even in this version I still have the issue. The cursor keeps wanting to go to its previous location.

Any help is welcome.

Rick Speaker

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,228 Views)