From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Labview7.1 & 8 visa not seeing GPIB-ENET/100

Greetings,
I am having a problem seeing an instrument which is set up through a gpib-enet/100 box.  I have actually already been successful communicating
with this instrument with my laptop both through the pcmcia/ gpib port and the gpip-enet box.  Though when I now try to communicate with it on a desktop machine I cannot make a visa connection from Labview to the GPIB-ENET box.  I have successfully used Meas&Auto Explorer on the machine in question to communicate with my insturment over the ethernet, *IDN? gives me the proper responce while in M&A Explorer. 

The problem is my Labview program does not see outside of its world.  This is the case on 2 different computers, one an old installation of 7.1 and the other a fresh 8.0 install. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,305 Views)
I solved the problem by updating drivers for instrument control.  Unfortunately I don't know exactly which driver made the fix since I did a batch update off of our internal servers.  The strange thing is that the proper drivers seemed to not be included on the cd that came with the GPIB-ENET-100, since I had installed that cd too. 

Jim
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,292 Views)