LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with LabVIEW Library File (.llb)

Hello,

I would be grateful if you could advise me on a LabVIEW issue I encounter ( I am a new LabVIEW user).

For my set up I use a customised development tool through the LabVIEW GUI that depicts the waveforms obtained from a sensor and measures the vital signs of my interest. That is run through a .llb file named  monitor.llb  on a win 7, LabVIEW version 14.0f1 (32-bit)  PC.

I am trying to run the same file on a win 7, LabVIEW 2015 PC and it seems, as you will notice on the attached photos, that some PROC.GLOBALS.vi are missing. I searched that in such case they have to be replaced because they are either renamed or lost.

According to this the missing global variable is dimmed like in my case. This means that It has been moved, deleted, or its name has changed.

I am also trying to run the same file on a different PC with the same windows and labVIEW versions as the first one, in order to avoid compatibility issues, with the difference that on this case  all the PROC.GLOBALS.vi are present and no error message is appearing but unfortunately  it is still not functioning.

I would appreciate it if you could give your advice.

Thank you in advance

Panos

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,677 Views)

Are you using a Project at all?  From what I am seeing, if you used a project the global VI should be found.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,664 Views)

On the first PC I am just opening the LLB manager named 'MONITORv0.990 - Working.llb' , I run [MONITOR].vi and then it perfectly works.

Once I copied the .llb file to the other two computers, I am facing the problems mentioned above.

- PC A) win 7, LabVIEW 2015, PROC.GLOBALS.vi are missing

- PC B) win 7 LabVIEW 2014f1, no errors appearing but still not functioning as on the first PC 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,644 Views)

Hi pblanos,

On the first PC I am just opening the LLB manager named 'MONITORv0.990 - Working.llb' , I run [MONITOR].vi and then it perfectly works.

Once I copied the .llb file to the other two computers, I am facing the problems mentioned above.

So the VI containing those globals is missing. You need to copy it too…

It would be better to use a real project in LabVIEW.

And so much better to use this project to create an EXE and an installer to install your EXE on those other computers!

- Start by moving all those VIs/files from your LLB into their own folder. (LLBs shouldn't be used anymore.)

- Then open your main VI (Monitor?), then select Project menu -> new project. Then a dialog opens where you can include your main VI (and it's dependencies) in a new project…

- Don't forget: do the LabVIEW basics to learn how to use projects at all…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,623 Views)

GerdW,

I followed your steps, and I really thank you for this, I even included VISA resource settings in the installer, but unfortunately the problem remains the same.

I don't know if I have to include anything else in general to my LabVIEW installation, at this point it is becoming confusing.

Also the fact that I was not the creator of the VI's as well as that I am a new LabVIEW user doesn't help a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,594 Views)

Hi pblanos,

when you have problems with your VIs/LLB you should attach those VIs/LLB here so we can examine the problems more closely. Point.

at this point it is becoming confusing.

As is for us. It really doesn't help when all we get are some images of error messages…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,590 Views)