LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Append Front Panel Image to Report.vi

Hello,
In my main application, I use a sub-panel to display a another front panel (from another VI).
When I generate my html report from the main application, I want to "capture" the front panel image (contained in the sub-panel).
But I only get a big grey image in my html report.

I use the the Append Front Panel Image to Report.vi, which is referenced to my external vi.

Any idea of the problem?

Thanx.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,164 Views)

Hello,

I had no problem generating an image of the front panel with a subpanel containing a VI.  I have attached two VIs showing how I did it.  Just detach them both to the same folder and run generate report.vi.  It will generate the HTML file in your c:\temp folder (make sure that folder exists before running the VI).  The VIs are saved in LabVIEW 7.0 format...I have the Report Generation Toolkit installed in my LabVIEW 7.0, so you may need to re-link the subVIs if you don't have that toolkit installed.

Let me know if this helps, or if you're still having trouble.  If you are still having trouble, attach a sample VI demonstrating the problem so I can help you further.

Good luck,
-D

P.S. - I also tried this in LabVIEW 8.2 with no problems.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,157 Views)

Ok, tnx for the example.

But I want to output to the report only the front panel that is shown inside the sub-panel (not the main application front panel). Can it be done?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,147 Views)

I think the easiest way to do this would be to use the Append Control Image to Report.vi instead of the Append Front Panel Image to Report.vi...just append the image of the subpanel to the report.  If you don't like that idea, I'm pretty sure the Append Front Panel Image to Report.vi takes in a VI Reference, so you can just wire a reference to the VI that you're hosting in the subpanel.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,143 Views)

Yes, I have tried the Append Control Image to Report.vi, and connected the sub-panel reference to it, and it works: from your generate report.vi, I call my vi (instead of numerics.vi) in your example.

Still it does not work from my main application... There must be a glitch somewhere in my report controls....

At least, I know it can work 🙂

Tnx again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,134 Views)

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps you are unloading the VI from the subpanel before you take the image?  Or perhaps you're taking the image before loading the VI?  Also, you could check to see if an error is occurring upstream anywhere, which would cause no image to be appended at all.

I hope you can figure it out,
-D

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,130 Views)