LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while reading Characters from Vacuum fluorescent Display(VFD) of DVD using OCR

Hi,
Happy New Year!!!!
I am using PXI-1409 card to read the Vacuum fluorescent Dispaly(VFD) of a DVD using an analog CCD camera. Pl. see the attached bmp file. My objective is to recognize all the characters in the first line(CD 0:02 MP3"), IInd line (SHUFFLE REPEAT DISC) and the third line(SHUFFLE REPEAT DISC) including as many no. of spaces in between. My program has to automatically locate all the three lines. I have trained an OCR file to read all the possible characters many times. Also I have set the acceptance level as 720 and theshold limits (40-255), Read Resolution as Low and other various settings in OCR file. I am able to read all the characters 90% of the time but sometimes I am not able to recognize the right characters, for e.g it reads
H as M
or M as N
or zero as 'O'
or F as P etc. I have trained all the characters more than one time. I want my program to be 100% reliable and repeatable. I have tried all the methods to obtain it but still it not 100% perfect.

Kindly suggest the best method to obtain it.

Thanx in advance.
Nirmal Sharma
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,184 Views)
I am sorry, bmp file could not be attached last time. I m doing it now.

Thanx
Nirmal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,180 Views)
From your picture it seems that only the characters in the centre are on focus, this is due to a low depth of field.
Try, if your camera lens allows it, to close the lens aperture; you should get sharper borders and higher OCR reliability.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,167 Views)