LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to define limits in Mask & Limit Testing vi

With Labview 8.0 I can not longer define limit mask by draging points on Define Signal mask screen.
I used Mask & Limit Testing express vi before with Labview 7.1 and was able move points with cross mouse cursor to define limits envelope around tested signal.
With new labview this feature is disabled and I have to manualy enter X,Y cordinates for each point.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,913 Views)

I have reported this issue to R&D for further investigation, we hope to see it resolved in a future revision of LabVIEW.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

(ID # 3V09NT1W)

Since I'll likely be the person fixing this, I went ahead and investigated this and found the cause of the problem, so I can provide a better workaround too.

One of the VIs used in this dialog has a very easy-to-make mistake in it.  It's a little embarassing, though at least I can say I didn't write the original VI in this case.  Smiley Very Happy

If you open the following VI:

vi.lib\express\express shared\ex_TableUpdateTable.vi

The "graph relative coords orig" refnum going into the top two property nodes is wired incorrectly.  Visibly it's impossible to tell this until you click once on the wire between the two property nodes.  Notice that it is coming from the input to the first node, not the output of the first node.  Delete this wire and re-wire it from the output of the first one.  This will force the write to happen after the read.

Interestingly, the VI did not change at all between 7.1 and 8.0, this race condition just got compiled / clumped differently which caused the write to happen before the read in 8.0.

Message Edited by Jeff B on 03-01-2006 11:11 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,899 Views)

Please excuse my hurry, the VI path should be:

vi.lib\express\express shared\ex_TableSubs.llb\ex_TableUpdateTable.vi

Message 3 of 9
(3,888 Views)
Hello,

i have a problem with the Mask & Limit Testing vi, too. I want to connect the upper and lower limits at the terminals outside the vi. The limits are signals like this:

0            10
200        30
30000    200

The first column is the time in ms the second for example the length in mm.
How must i connect this limit data?

greetings Schwede

Message Edited by Schwede on 04-28-2006 01:14 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,844 Views)

Message Edited by Schwede on 04-28-2006 01:14 AM

Message Edited by Schwede on 04-28-2006 01:15 AM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,845 Views)

Reply posted here, as it was higher in the list when I was going through the forum.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=182028

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,829 Views)
I had also developed an example to do Mask and Limit testing based on user clicks on the graph in LabVIEW 8. I guess I wasn't aware this was already an available example! But you might enjoy playing around with it to see if it fits your needs or not. I hope this helps!

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 7 of 9
(3,814 Views)

The Mask & Limit Testing Express vi in LV2014 does not appear to work properly, as far as graphically defining the upper and lower limits.

Your vi is a great example which I can modify to get some limit files (.lvm) created.

Thanks !

===============================================================

Take a look at DATEx, FOTEx, HELEx & SIGEx add-in trainer boards for NI ELVIS 1,2 & 2+ and DXIQ, ESSB for NI ELVIS III and myDSP for myDAQ to learn Wireless Telecoms, Signals & Systems, Fiber Optics and Green Energy principles (www.emona-tims.com)
Message 8 of 9
(3,030 Views)
You're welcome, nine years later! 🙂
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,990 Views)