LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem stopping applicationI from middle loop of a three loop vi.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a "Prompt User for Input" in the middle loop of a three loop vi.

I would like the loop to stop when the user presses "Test 2" on the front panel then checks "input" on the prompt.

I'm trying to do this using a "User Event". Can anyone tell me what I"m doing wrong?  

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,410 Views)

DH2 Attractive Force_BD.png

Message 2 of 9
(2,405 Views)

I tried what you suggested, but it didn't stop the application.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,396 Views)

you said to stop the middle loop and that event has that command to stop your 2nd loop by going to the stop case statement of the 2nd loop?

Message 4 of 9
(2,388 Views)

When the user checks the "input box" in case "Two" I would like to stop the entire application. The way I have it now only the bottom two loops are stopping. For some reason my user event isnt working.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,382 Views)

@chuck72352 wrote:

When the user checks the "input box" in case "Two" I would like to stop the entire application. The way I have it now only the bottom two loops are stopping. For some reason my user event isnt working.

it's working fine, try the implementation above...it will stop the whole application, but if it is dependent on the input box being checked, do not wire a 'true' coonstant to the stop...send a dynamic event back to the top loop stop case

Message 6 of 9
(2,379 Views)

Yes it should stop only if the input box is checked. Im just not sure how to send a dynamic variable back.  I believe what I have to do is make my "User Stop" variable dynamic somehow.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,371 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chuck72352

add a dynamic stop to the stop event case structure in upper loop by editing the stop event case and add event, dynamic <stop> user event_value change......and you can leave out the stop command in the 2nd test event case structure, wire a false constant to the stop. please mark as solution and kudos those who have helped Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
(2,369 Views)

I got it to work. See attached. I had the wrong terminal attached on the User Prompt.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,354 Views)