LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem setting 3D Graph Value Pairs Properties - Setting Y/Z Value Pairs sets X Value Pairs

I am attempting to programatically set the X/Y/Z Value Pairs properties of a 3D Graph in Labview 2016 64-bit.

I can sucessfully set the X Value Pairs using the appropriate property node, but wiring the same same data to either the Y or Z Value Pairs properties has has no effect. In fact, when setting just the Y or Z axes Value Pairs programatically, it is always the X axis that is updated! 

The attached VI demonstrates this peculiarity - when setting the Z axis Value Pairs, the X axis is given the corresponsing ticks on the graph, and the set values appear against the X axis in the Value Pairs tab of the 3D Graph properties window. Strange.

Am I using the Value Pairs property incorrectly or is this a bug?

SetZValuePairs.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,748 Views)

Hi benthescientist,

I was able to reproduce the issue you are seeing and it looks like you are using the Property Nodes correctly and this is behaving like a bug. I will continue looking into this issue and create a report to get this looked at.

In the meantime, do you have a workaround to this issue? What are you ultimately trying to do with this application?

Regards,

ShaneK

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,701 Views)

Thanks ShaneK!

I had hoped to customise the placement of ticks and gridlines on a line graph - there really isnt much flexibility in the default tick properties. Value Pairs look like they do the trick but alas... 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,695 Views)

Hey benthescientist,

It could be worth playing around with the Major or Minor Tick Count Property in the Axes Menu in the LabVIEW 3D Graph Property Node!

Regards,

ShaneK

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,684 Views)

Same problem with Labview 2015 64-bit. This time I  need to replace the value labels with a pre-defined name.

Anyone found a work around yet?

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,474 Views)