cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem running more than two analog intputs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I ran into a problem today with DAQmx tasks. I am getting error 20022 "Resource requested by this task has already been reserved by a different task". I got this error when I tried to add a thermocouple DAQMX task in another loop. I am currently reading strain from a NI9219 and volts from a NI9205.

Is there a limit to the amount of analog input tasks you can start on a single chassis?

I've included a screenshot of my devices below. Thanks!!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,215 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nsievers

According to the product page, you can have 7 taks running.  I am counting 4 on the screenshot you gave.  But if the tasks are running at the same rate, why not just use 1 task and make your life A LOT easier?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 8
(3,175 Views)

I can start them from one task even if they are in 2 different loops and sampling at different rates?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,168 Views)

@nsievers wrote:

I can start them from one task even if they are in 2 different loops and sampling at different rates?

Nope.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,158 Views)

Drat -- I meant to edit my previous (very brief) remark, but it got away from me.  I tried to look at your code, but I'm allergic to "Pictures of Code".  Please attach the actual VIs so that I (and others) can (a) avoid Eye Strain, (b) see all the wires, (c) see all the Cases, (d) edit/clean up the code to make it easier for us to understand, (e) see what version of LabVIEW you are using, and maybe even (f) run the code.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,156 Views)

There really isn't much else to see. I was able to get everything reading by combining two of the tasks. Thanks for the suggestions 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,120 Views)

@nsievers wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions 

Your words are meaningless.  Thanks are given with Kudos and Marked Solutions.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,105 Views)

Got it. Just marked as solution and kudos. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,091 Views)