LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem reading weight from my Ohaus Pro scout balance. Model SP2001

Good evening.

I am trying to read a single measurement from a Ohaus Balance (model SP2001). The connection seems to be good, but when I send a print command : P\r, it always reads 0 grams, no matter what I put on the balance. Now the display on the balance shows the correct weight, its what is read on labview that is always Zero.

Also, when I send the command for Mode: 0M\r ,  to get it in gram mode, the command needs to be sent in normal codes display in order for the VISA write not to bug, but when I send the print command: P\r, it only gives no error when it is in \ codes display, I dont get it.

I have attached the code I'm using here, wich is pretty much inspired by the SP2001 driver that I found on NI hopefully someone knows how to work with this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,073 Views)
It makes no sense to send \r in normal mode. It is next to impossible to get an error with a VISA Write. What does 'to bug' mean. What is wrong with using the driver?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,071 Views)

Ok so I wrote \r on here but as you can see in the code, I actually send a string carriage return with the command when setting up the mode

When I say to bug: it gives me and error stating that timeout expired.

Nothing is wrong specifically wrong with the driver, it gives me the exact same problem, the code I'm using now is basically all there is in the driver put in one stacked sequence

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,061 Views)

I have the same scale.  If I am remembering correctly, I turned Auto-Print to Continuous and used the drivers found on the driver network.  Also make sure you have the USB setting turned on.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,051 Views)
Test with a program such as putty but I'd guess you have a problem with the com settings or you are using the wrong type of cable.

p.s. A stacked sequence should never be used.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,050 Views)