cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem reading shared variable after deploying

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I've been trying to create an OPC client to communicate with a KUKA server. I setup a project with an I/O server library. When I start the project, I can flawlessly read/write my variables by using the Distributed System Manager. If I set any variables, I can read the updated value correctly at the server end. However, as soon as I start a VI that contains the variables (which automatically deploys them), everything stops working and I cannot read/write them neither at the VI nor at the DSM.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone knows how I could handle this.

Best,

Glauber

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,344 Views)

Check the Single Writer option on your vars first.

br Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,337 Views)

I could not tell from your post, but if you are setup to auto deploy NSV's that are linked to an rt target then it will force the target app to stop running.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,330 Views)

I tried it with the Single Writer option checked, but I had the same problem. Also, I turned the autodeploy option off and now it doesn't deploy the variables when I run the VI but everything still stops working.

I noticed that when I click on the variable properties through the project tree I have the "'Bind to" option set to "Project Variable". When I click it through the DSM, I have it set to "PSP URL". Should it make a difference?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,312 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Glauber

Ok, so it seems like the whole problem was that the request rate of the client to the server was too high. I added a wait on the loop that r/w the variables and now it is working. It doesn't need to be a single writer and the autodeploy option can be on.

Anyways, thanks to those that replied to the post.

main.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,304 Views)