LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in saving data

So should I switch back to text file? I was informed that text files contain in them binary files so its ok to save data in them.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(540 Views)

There is nothing wrong in using binary file but manually you cannot open them as it is binary format.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(537 Views)

If its not too much to ask, can you guys help? I'm trying my best to implement the changes and comments you gave but again I'm new so I might not get it correct. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(518 Views)

Something like this?  It is simple, but it should get you started.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
Message 14 of 19
(500 Views)

vt92:

thanks! I'll try my best to understand this.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(495 Views)

does the file path need to a spreadsheet? or can the data be saved in the text file?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(492 Views)

Bascally spreadsheet is nothing but a tab delimeted file so you can use the file extension as .txt or .csv there will not be any problem (I am unable to see vt92 vi as I have only 2009).

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(483 Views)

Is there a way to indicate the row number of the word I input. The VI that vt92 made allows permanently saving the data into a .txt file but its not translating properly. I found out that to fix this problem is to indicate the row of the word I input in the "Input" string control. The txt files saves rows as shown in this picture.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(471 Views)

Create another column and put the row number in that column.  You will need to keep track of the number in your program because the files do not do so.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(452 Views)