From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in a particular scan of our software designed using labview

We are using a software called CROP for our experiments . The software is designed and bulit using Labview . The software seems to be running fine but there is a problem in one of the scans that we use in the software . The particular scan called the 'Threshold Scan' is coded in such a way that it increments by itself to a certain value of voltage after the scan has been conducted at the  current voltage for a certain period of time . For example the current value is 30 and increment is 30 and the final value is 300 for a time period of 1 minute . The scan automatically increments from 30 to 60,60 to 90 and so on after each minute till the final value of 300. The problem is this scan seems to be running perfectly fine in two of our windows 7 lab systems but elsewhere in all other systems running windows 7 (or) 8 it blanks out after the first value of voltage and stops abruptly (i.e) in this case it stops at 30 and does not increment and perform the scan for each voltage till 300. The code seems to be perfect and it has been hard to figure out why the scan runs perfectly in  two of our lab systems and does not do so in any other system.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,348 Views)

It could be a race conditions due to slight reordering of tasks as a function of the number of cores or CPU architecture. Can you show us some code?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,338 Views)

I have attached the code in files below.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,305 Views)

Hi raj177,

Looking over your code I don't see anything glaringly obvious, but not having all of the sub-vi's makes it hard to thoroughly explore. That being said, I do have some troubleshooting steps we could start with.

Have you tried probing the starting, ending and increment voltages coming out of the "threshold wizard" sub-vi while the code is running on the troublesome machines? Also, canyouprobethe "# ofpoints" wire

The measured values will help us determine whether the problem is inside or outside of the for loop. 

-edited for misspelling-

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,277 Views)

I have tried to probing the starting,ending and increment voltages coming out of the threshold wizard sub VI but I am not getting any value . The vi seems to be broken and I have not changed anything in it. But it comes up with new errors in many sub vi's while running with labview 2013 . But in Labview 8.5 where the code was developed the vi runs fine and it is not broken. Is there any other way out of this trouble ?? As I myself am new to Labview I am finding this problem to be very complex and cant understand what the problem is completely . 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,172 Views)

Unfortunately, there have been significant changes between LabVIEW 8.5 and LabVIEW 2013 and as you have discovered the transition is not seamless, especially if you are using hardware. If you are not very familiar with LabVIEW, I would recommend using the version of LabVIEW the original files are written for if possible.

If this is not possible and the code needs to be updated quickly, you might consider using one of our Alliance Partners to have the code updated. In order to find an Alliance Partner, visit: http://www.ni.com/alliance/

Alternatively, if you have more time and would like to learn more about LabVIEW, you might investigate some of our training programs at http://www.ni.com/training/ and do the conversion yourself.

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,140 Views)