LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Sound and Vibration toolkit Installation

I have Sound and Vibration 3.1 installed in my machine and did upgrade (without unistall SV 3.1) to SV 4. VIs doing in other machine with SV 4 don't run in my machine. I try uninstall version 3.1 and stay only version 4, don't solve problem. The SV version 4 don't appear in function windows, but is installed in windows XP. Sound and Vibration section in the function windows only appear if i install version 3.

How do upgrade of version 3.1 to version 4 and do the version 4 section appear in the window function?
Leonardo de S. Cavadas
Maintenance Engineer and Inspection - Bureau Veritas do Brasil

Engineer Metallurgist with emphasis in Advanced Materials
Technologist in Computer Science
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,837 Views)
If you have multiple versions of LabVIEW installed, or another LabVIEW directory, say LabVIEW 6 or 7, make sure that you install into the correct LabVIEW directory, example LabVIEW 8.2. 
Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,832 Views)

This is a common problem with toolkits.  I always uninstall the old before installing the new.

Make sure that both versions are completely uninstalled and then install the new version again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,832 Views)

I have sure that installed in correct version of Labview (7.1 in my case)...the problem is that when put SV version 3.1 CD Installation..i have uninstall option, but with version 4 CD installation, I don't have this option.

Other tip for me?

Thx for all

Leonardo de S. Cavadas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,826 Views)
Try the Add/Remove Software option from the Windows control panel.
Message 5 of 6
(2,824 Views)

Solution for WinXP:

1 - Enter in Configuration - Control Panel - Add/Remove Program;

2 - Select National Instruments Software, click in Change;

3 - In the new windows that opened, remove the Sound and Vibration toolkit 3.1 version and 4.0 version;

4 - Restart Computer

5 - Reinstall Sound and Vibration Toolkit 4 version.

It's Work.

Leonardo de S. Cavadas

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,807 Views)