LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem facing while using Labview to communicate with 16700

Hi,

I am using labview programs (downloaded for Agilent site) for saving the listing data of Logic analyzer 16702B to the internal memory of logic analyzer. It is giving following error 'Server execution failed'

The program loads the configuration data properly, but only saving is the problem. Same error comes if i use Analyzer listing.vi

Please help in solving this.

Labview version used -- Labview 7
Windows XP

Thanks
Roopa
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,457 Views)
Hi Roopa,

There's not much we here at NI can do about this since these are applications developed at Agilent for Agilent products. Can you open the block diagrams of the VIs? If so, where is this error happening? (you can tell by going into highlighted execution and watching the error lines). This may lead to the core of the problem.

Best of luck,
-Matt S.

LabVIEW Integration Engineer with experience in LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, DAQ, Machine Vision, as well as C/C++. CLAD, working on CLD and CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,443 Views)
Hi Matt,

Actually i contacted Agilent Engineers too, they suggested me to contact NI.

I have attached the block diagram and where exactly it gives error. May be you can give me some more ideas after seeing this.

The error is same for Load/Run/Save.vi and Analyzer Listing.vi of the example program.

I could save the captured data into the logic analyzer memoery, but don't have any idea how can i transfer that to the PC. If i can transfer
the file using some method, then that will serve all my needs. If you can give me some idea on this, that also will be of great help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,428 Views)

Hi Roopa,

Like Matt mentioned, since those VI's were written by Agilent and are targeted to the Agilent 16700 we do not support them.  You may get more support from Agilent if you have a little more information about what call creates the error.  Instead of probing the error line, as you did in your posted screens, you should try Matt's suggestion of running the VI with highlight execution on (the light bulb).  This will allow you to see exactly what call causes the error, which you may be able to troubleshoot from there.  Or it will offer more information to Agilent about exactly what in the VI causes problems with their Logic Analyzer.

I hope that helps!

Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,405 Views)

I had the same problem too, and got this answer from Agilent,

"As far as more documentation, there is none. There are several things the user can try. First, delete the node that is erroring and re-create it in the new version of LV. This will often fix the problem. If the user is basing his application on an example using the ‘cast’ operator switch to using the Variant-to-Data operator. The cast operator in the old examples did not migrate well."

Switching the cast operator to a variant to data operator solved the problem.

-Kjell

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,365 Views)