LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about data in "real time"

The Filename box is green on my monitor.

Please note, if you set the filename in that external box, the Write to Measurement File vi

will ignore the one inside the Express vi.

Also you can try reducing the sample rate and number of samples per channel by a facor of 10

just to test the code. It can't hurt.

And don't give up Smiley Wink

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 41 of 58
(1,335 Views)

Finally I understood almost the same thing about samples per channel 🙂 So it's ok ^^ 

About the "context help window" I always got him activated and try to read it but it's not always easy to understand. 

Well about the filename box, i didn't see but thanks to the context help window i learned that they are waiting for the way of my file, and not the name. I should be more focus and noted this before, i"'m sorry :s. 

So I changed my samples by a factor 10 like you asked, and I did a test. 

A got a new error now (don't know if it is a good or bad news haha ^^) 

This time it is the error 8. I don't know if this error is in addition or she replaced the error 5 viewed previously...

The error 8 : 

possible reasons: 

LABVIEW  : Error authorization file : You don't have the necessary authorization for the file

=======

NI-488 : A DMA's error has been detected about the level of the equipment. 

Well Ok I just got some news. I let the error that I saw just before to show you that i'm doing something anyway ahah ^^

I just deleted the filename box... And the error disappeared. So now I got a file, it works, I don't have the other error anyway ! 

But I probably got a problem in my loop, like I already saw with the older program, I only got one value, which is duplicate in every line. I'll join my excel file to help you to understand 🙂 

As you see, I only got one value now. At least it works, it's not bad... It's closer than ever ! I remember that with the old program (Bilan Excel Final Mod) that you gave me, I had an error but at least my values were correct. 

I'll try to change some settings and observe if something is different. 

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 58
(1,333 Views)

Yes, all the same data. Do you have anything connected to the inputs?

Even with no input, you would expect some noise. Hmm...

The timestamp shows 4 readings in one millisecond. Is the sample rate 4000?

It's my bedtime. but if you don't figure it out, can you send the files back to me?

Just in case you haven't done this:

Copy the 4 Init vis and the DAQmx Multi tasks vi into a folder.

Select all files, then right click and select Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder

I will look at it tomorrow.

steve

Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
Message 43 of 58
(1,327 Views)

Well, I just dont' have my sensor connected on the NI 9215 actually cause a technician has to made some tests and need this accelerometer. (we got 2 system in parallel until I don't have finish my project obviously ^^) So I got every sensor except them. But yes It should move at least a little...

So in the excel's file : 

Column Time : it's just by default

Column accel 1 and accel 2 it's link with the NI 9215 ;

Column DAB 1,2,3 are link with the NI 9217 ;

And the last column are the numeric input link on NI 9411. It should at least change between 0 and 1 when I put my hand in front of the sensors, and they don't. 

Yes you are right, I put 4000 as sample rate. It was just for a test, I didn't put the good value, I know it 😕 

I send you the file then, everything is in 🙂 

I'll work in it this afternoon if I got enough time. 

Have a good night ^^ 

And thanks a lot again. 

Regards. 

Maxime

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 58
(1,318 Views)

Well,

I don't understand ^^ 

Every datas looks always the same by column. Accel and DAB's values doesn't change. 

But I tried to put something in front of one numeric sensor (vitesse) and it was =1, during the test I took off this thing and the sensor was = 0. 

I could see this change in my excel file. So it works about my numeric data but something is strange with the others values. 

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 58
(1,312 Views)

Ok, so at least one thing works!

You could try turning off the cDAQ, then turning it back on.

It sounds like you don't have any connections on the 9215, so

this may be why Accel 1 and Accel 2 are not changing. For the 9217, do you have

Pt3750 RTD sensors connected?

steve

Message 46 of 58
(1,305 Views)

So... I can't try a real test if someone is working on the project actually :s 

I will test tomorrow or earlier if I got a possibility. It will be better if I got everything which is connect ! I will give you some news asap. But I feel that i'm close to the solution ! thanks to you, again. What could I do without this forum ? 😮 

I hope that it will works. you will have some news probably tomorrow not before :s. 

And I don't work before Monday, 4th july after tomorrow. 

If something is wrong tomorrow, i'll just give you some news 🙂

regards ! 

Maxime

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 58
(1,301 Views)

I had my PT3750 connected yes, and with the old program, when it works (remember that it works few times), the value was changing, so I think that it's really a problem that I will have to solve later. I'll try tomorrow if I can, after turning off and turning back on 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 58
(1,299 Views)

Well..; I changed nothing, and today it doesn't work.. the error 5 again -_-

I tried to turn of and on the acquisition system, and it's always the same thing...

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 58
(1,276 Views)

Hi Maxime,

There are two main functions in your application. Acquiring the data and logging the data.

It can get frustrating when you have trouble with both. Since you must have data to log, you

might want to get the DAQmx code working the way you expect it to and then address the logging.

You could place a Case Structure around the "Write to Measurement File" and use a True/False

constant to turn it on and off.

The error (5) that you have seen before should only be caused by either a setting in the

"Write to Measurement File" or possibly a corrupt destination file. 

steve

Message 50 of 58
(1,259 Views)