LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Encounter with operating period subVI.

Hi. I am still a newbie in LabVIEW. I am currently using LabVIEW 7.1. I had created operating period subVI to control my main program. The function for this subVI is to let the program to operate within operating period.This subVI have two states, morning or evening.

Example:-

The morning state:From 7:00am to 6:59pm, the operate LED will switch on all the time.

The evening state:From 7:00pm to 6:59am, the operate LED will switch off all the time.

Problem Encountered: The user will run the program again if someone accidentally press the stop button. The program will start from evening state instead of the morning state.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,310 Views)

Your problem most likely stems from the uninitialized shift register in the SubVI.  If you hit the stop button and then restart the software, the value will remain in the shift register from the previous run.  You need to add something to the subVI that will allow you to intialize the shift regester when the program is started.

Operating Period SubVI.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,289 Views)
You can search for LV2 global on this site and you should find a lot of infromation.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,287 Views)