From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probelm with Printing FP image

i want to print the FP of a VI multiple times and generate a PDF document.

Before:

i have used the following options.

VI Properties >> Print Options >> Print with Execution     => this creates 3 pdf documents (on printing 3 times) instead of one.

VI Properties >> Print Options >> Scale printed front panel to fit page.     => this option scales the FP to fit the page.

PrintFP.png

with these options the FP image really fits on the page.

Now:

i need a single PDF document with all the 3 pages.

Problem: If i use Append image to report VI, then i cannot scale the image on the page.

FPimageToDisk.png

by saving the image to disk and then appending it to a standard report, the Image is not really fitted with the page in the PDF.

Please help

thanks

Renn

Kudos always welcome for helpful posts 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,916 Views)

Even i had this problem when i built the Executable 😞  its really horrible.

Error 7 When Running an Application Using VIs from Report Generation Toolkit for MS Office

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8A0E6274D9BD7B1986256F62006AD402

i would like to buy NI Report Generation toolkit if i can avoid all these problems. can anyone please give your experiences with this toolkit and your suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,883 Views)

Is there any other option?

with functionality of 'Scale printed frontpanel to fit page' ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,860 Views)

Print.Panel To Printer method of a VI prints the Frontpanel everytime it executes.

good : i can select the text (in any graph or cluster in a printed PDF) using mouse.

bad : i cannot decide when to print. (eg. if i want to create a multipage report).

But if i manually print a Front panel image, the quality is not so good.

i dont find a better solution in LabVIEW. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,836 Views)

i'm attaching an example vi which uses the method 'Print. Panel To Printer' and the created pdf. see page3.pdf. The quality of the pdf is really good.

PanelPrint.vi prints a page each time it executes. i need a single pdf (or single print job) with multiple pages.

but if i am using the report generation VIs, i am appending images to report and not getting the desired quality.

any suggestions??

attachments:

CallerVI_Lv9.vi

PanelPrint.vi

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,818 Views)