LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probelm making rtexe outside of the LabVIEW Development Environment

Hi,

I have my labview code ready. I am reading signal from cRIO modules and then store the signals in TDMS file. I want to make .rtexe file that can be used by others in other computers which doesn't have labview installed on them (is it applicable at all?).

I have tried to follow the procedure in this link but got stuck in the second step - I cannot see  "Component Definition page" in my real time application properties. I have attached a picture of it. 

Why do I have this problem? I am using labview 2010, and I have both FPGA and RT toolkits installed on my computer.  Do I need any other toolkit?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,323 Views)

The help about component definition is from LabVIEW 2011. It was a new feature in that version - not yet available in 2010.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,307 Views)

The cRIO is a standalone real-time device. An rtexe runs on a real-time target, such as a cRIO. An rtexe doesn't run on a desktop or laptop computer. So your question doesn't make sense. Are you trying to create an application that will run on the cRIO, without needing to start it from LabVIEW; or are you trying to build an application that can run on other computers that don't have LabVIEW installed?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,299 Views)

Thanks for clarification. I am trying to build an application that "can run on other computers that don't have LabVIEW installed" . Is it possible with cRIO to build this application?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,287 Views)

In order to build an application that can run on another computer, you need to have the Application Builder module (which is included in the Professional version of LabVIEW, and is an add-on for the Base and Full editions). That application will not load a program to the cRIO, though. Depending on how you use the cRIO, you may also need to build an rtexe that runs when the cRIO is powered on.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,280 Views)